Innovative Culinary Technology
Hosted by: Robert Fasce, Worldchefs Chef2Chef Ambassador & Electrolux Chef Academy
Dress code: Chef Whites
The Aim of the Workshop
The workshop will focus on Sous Vide and High Productivity systems, new technology that incorporates a series of technologically advanced pieces of cooking and chilling products into a single solution. This innovative approach to sustainable cooking also improves chefs’ daily activities.
On completion of this practical session participants will have acquired the ability to:
- An optimized work process incorporating the latest technology
- Higher levels of food safety
- Reduction in food loss and, ultimately, food waste
- Higher profitability for the food service operation
- Explain and demonstrate an understanding of the processes involved for cooking food using high productivity processes
- Apply moist, dry and oil methods of cooking appropriately to a variety of ingredients/commodities/dishes
- Achieve a balance of nutritional value, texture, flavour and colour for food items that are prepared with an emphasis on healthy eating.